Thursday, July 22, 2010

“Safe second” with Championship in mind for Lorenzo

“Safe second” with Championship in mind for Lorenzo
It's always difficult when a race is split like this and I think I didn't ride quite as well in the second race as I felt I had been doing in the first,” said Lorenzo, who now holds a 47-point advantage over Pedrosa in the Championship. “Dani was very, very strong and I was on the limit trying to stay ahead. When he passed me I tried briefly to stay with him but he was much faster than me today and I was going to have to take a lot of risks to stay with him; the safest thing for me to do was finish second and take 20 points for the Championship.”
It was another strong result for Lorenzo and came on a track that remains one of just four on the current calendar at which he has still not tasted victory in any GP category. “I am happy because I never really liked this track and now I've been second here two years in a row. Now we go to Laguna and I am very excited about racing there again," he added


motogp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment