Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lorenzo was lucky




With Rossi again the leader in a Fiat Yamaha one-two on Sunday, Lorenzo took the flag just under two and a half second behind as the championship-leading gap increases to 30 points. "I did what I had to do today and took as many points as I could, which is the most important thing when you're not perfect," Jorge said afterwards.

The San Marino Grand Prix sees the Yamaha riders arrive in Italy with Lorenzo having halved Rossi's points gap at Indianapolis last weekend. "Today was very hot, which meant it was quite hard to ride," Lorenzo explained. "Also, the track is quite slippery here."I felt comfortable on my bike from the start and I was able to be quite fast, which is always encouraging, but I think we have some more work to do because we're not perfect yet and the front could be better, especially on the entry to the corners."Tomorrow we will try to work on this and especially on T2 and T3 because these are the areas where we are losing some time. Valentino is very strong, as I expected because it's his home and he won last year, so we will have to be at the maximum to be able to fight with him."
Lorenzo was lucky to escape a Turn 2 scare during the race
"Unfortunately, we struggled a bit all weekend to find the right setting and so I thought it was better to take care and ensure the second place today; I took some time to get past Dani (Pedrosa) and Toni (ElĂ­as) and then it was too far to Valentino."With only four races remaining in 2009, Lorenzo knows that finishing ahead of Rossi is now vital but remains thankful after Misano. "After I was nearly brought down on the second corner I wanted to make sure I got the points in order to keep the championship alive," he added. "We have some work to do but we will make sure we're back to our best in Estoril, where I have great memories from last year and my first win."
source http://moto.gpupdate.net

No comments:

Post a Comment